Hi everyone and welcome to our 12 Days of Christmas Competition. =)
Here's how things are going to work. Rather than giving you a new question a day as we did last year, I'm going to give you all 12 questions in one big lump, to make sure you've all got time to hunt down the answers. For all of the questions this year, we're specifically asking about 2014 anime series which have streamed legally online for the first time this year. This includes 2nd seasons, sequels, and remakes, as well as all anime that has streamed on genre specific services like Crunchyroll, and general streaming services like Hulu, but excludes anime which start airing in late December after this post has gone live.
You'll have approx 12 Days to get your answers in, with all answers being due by 11:55pm (American Pacific Standard Time), December 31st 2014. If a tiebreaker is needed, we'll first go to least number of incorrect answers (ie. it's better to submit no answer to a question than to submit a wrong answer), and then to an additional tiebreaker question if necessary.
Unlike in some past years, you will receive full points for your answers regardless of when they are submitted. Take your time and think about the answers before you put them in, because you will not be allowed to change them afterwards.
To submit your entry, open a ticket using the link below, and include in your first message that it's for the 12 Days of Christmas Trivia.
You can use this same ticket (which you'll be able to find in http://animeshinbun.com/tic... after you start it) for the creative competition as well.
Please be aware will NOT be accepting answers through PM, or through replies in this thread. You must use that ticket system.
1. A famous American physicist is referenced in the title and lyrics of an ending song for a 2014 anime series. Who is the person referenced, what is the song, and what anime was it the ending theme of?
2. Which new anime series exclusively used 3D animation for all character models?
3. Name all of the new anime series which ended their run this year with the death of one or more of the main protagonist characters. Who are these characters?
4. In the anime Gundam Reconguista in G, in what episode was the word "Gundam" first used in dialogue?
5. How many new anime series featured a character named for or directly based on the historical Oda Nobunaga? List all the series, and the characters.
6. Which new anime series featured a cast of characters which were designed through a Pixiv contest?
7. Which new anime series featured a male character who worked using a female pen name? Who is this character?
8. Which character in which new anime series is based off the same historical figure that one of the members of Team Rocket in the Pokémon anime is named for?
9. Name all of the series that streamed during 2014 which were based off light novel series.
10. As of the most recent episode of Sailor Moon: Crystal at the time of writing, what significant change has been made to how the plot played out in the original manga?
11. Name all the new 2014 anime series which are sequels to anime series which have NEVER been available for legal streaming.
12. Of all 2014 anime, which series has the longest name when their titles are written out (as per the way their titles are written in Japanese in their opening credits)?