It's been far too long, hasn't it? I hope this last anime season has been treating you well, and that you've found plenty of great series to watch this year. As for me, I'm pleased to say that the issues I was having IRL with internet access, etc, following my home getting flooded in January, have now been completely sorted out. There's still quite a bit for me to get caught up on mind you, and I don't just mean the marathons of anime seasons that I've missed. For those of you waiting on prizes from the Holiday season contests, as well as the (as yet unannounced) winners of the February contest with nominations for the best of 2015 awards, I'll be contacting you over the next few days to confirm details, etc, and they'll go out at the usual time for contest prizes in the middle of this month.
As for the March contests... obviously we never posted the actual voting for the best of 2015 as planned, with my internet access being largely dead at home for the majority of the month. But the awards must go on! It's a bit late, but we will be posting those up at the beginning of next week, and we'll have 4 $50USD Amazon gift cards to raffle away to people who submit votes.
In addition to that, we're also back to running the regular monthly contests for April. As these two sets of contests are explicitly contests for March and April, even though the March ones are obviously a bit later than they should be, the usual restriction of one prize per month won't apply. People will be eligible to win a prize from both the March component, and from the April component.
As for what those April prizes are... well, I'm sure you know the drill there. ;)
How many stories can you submit? Every news story you submit on AnimeShinbun during the month will get you 1 entry, and we'll be picking 3 winners at random from those entries. The more times you submit stories, the greater your chance to win!
Prize: 3 winners, receiving a $50 Amazon Gift Card each!
Pretty much self-explanatory this one. Each and every comment you make on AnimeShinbun (regardless of if that's in a news story or blog) during the month will net you an entry in this competition. And to make things interesting...we'll give you entries for every tip you contribute as well! So no excuses for not contributing those extra stories now when you hit your news submission limit. ;)
Prize: 1 winner, receiving a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
As usual with all of our contests, you'll be disqualified if you pick up a restriction of any kind during the contest period, or if it comes to our attention you've broken rules for posting and approving submissions that month (regardless of if that led to you being placed under a restriction or not). Comments with negative labels (Trolling, Off Topic, etc.), unresolved reported stories, etc, will not count to any competition.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Competition is open to all AnimeShinbun users, except for employees of HAVAmedia and immediate relatives. Contests are open to entries worldwide, and are not limited to the US / North America. Please Note: Moderators do not receive remuneration, are not employees of HAVAmedia, and are eligible for N4G monthly contests.
2. The closing date is 11:59 PM American Pacific Standard Time, 30 April 2016.
3. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, AnimeShinbun/HAVAmedia reserves the right to substitute the prizes for alternatives of equal or greater value.
4. Prizes are not transferable.
5. Barring unforeseen delays, the winners of the competition will be notified by AnimeShinbun ticket on or around May 7, 2016.
6. For winners who have not previously won a contest, failure to reply to ticket notification within seven (7) days will result in forfeiture of prize. Winners whose details are on file from a previous contest win need only reply to the ticket notification if their details have changed, otherwise their prize will be sent to the address we already have on file.
8. Lottery style winners are chosen at random from eligible entries. Spam or multiple accounts will result in disqualification.
9. All prizes are in USD, where prizes are awarded to winners outside the USD the exchange rate at time of prize issue will affect prize amount.
10. In the interests of fairness, each entrant will only be eligible to win one prize per month. If an entrant comes up for multiple prizes, they will be awarded the highest value one and the remaining prizes will be redrawn. When the user is eligible for multiple prizes of the same value, they will be credited as winning the contest for which there was the least competition and/or the most skill involved, and the remaining contests will be redrawn. (For example, in the regular AnimeShinbun monthly contests, typically the commentator lottery has less competition the contributor contest, so if a user was drawn for both we'd award them the commentator lottery and redraw the contributor contest).
coolbeans, koga88, sonicwrecks, TXIDarkAvenger