The previous blog post has been auto-closed for comments by the system, so I'm posting this up again to make sure everyone has another chance to see it and comment / ask questions, now that all the trivia questions have been posted up. You still have until 11:55 PM (American Pacific Standard Time) on December 31st to get your entries in, so there's more than a week for you to get those answers together.
For all of the questions this year, we're specifically asking about 2016 anime series which have streamed legally online for the first time this year. This includes 2nd seasons, sequels, and remakes, as well as all anime that has streamed on genre specific services like Crunchyroll and Daisuki, and general streaming services like Hulu and Netflix, but excludes anime which start airing in late December after this post has gone live. We've tried to spread the questions across as many series as possible, so if you find an answer relating to one series, assume that series isn't going to make a reappearance.
The 12 Days of Holiday Trivia this year is offering the following prizes.
1st Place: $150 USD Amazon Gift Card
2nd Place: $100 USD Amazon Gift Card
3rd Place and 4th: $75 USD Amazon Gift Card
To submit your entry, open a ticket using the link below, and include in your first message that it's for the 12 Days of Christmas Trivia.
You'll be able to find your ticket at http://animeshinbun.com/tic... once you've submitted it.
If you want to change your answers, simply go to the ticket and submit a reply to it with the changes.
If a tiebreaker is needed, we'll first go to least number of incorrect answers (ie. it's better to submit no answer to a question than to submit a wrong answer), and then to an additional tiebreaker question if necessary. From past experience... it's rare that we need to go to tiebreaker questions, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. We'll let you know in the first week of January if one will be required, and give all those still in the running plenty of time to think about the additional questions.
Day 1 Question:
How many different schools were involved in on-screen matches during the 3rd season of "Haikyū!!", which recently concluded?
Day 2 Question:
Name a Japanese voice actor or actress who did not provide the singing voice of a character they were voicing in a 2016 anime.
Day 3 Question:
A character from which series was the focus of a major social media hashtag this year which challenged artists to draw a particular character in parodies of stock photo shots?
Day 4 Question:
The eponymous character from Detective Conan is named for two famous mystery writers. Excluding Detective Conan itself, what anime series that aired this year directly referenced one of these two writers?
Day 5 Question:
Have any anime in 2016 aired a Christmas themed episode? If yes, name the series, and the specific episode.
Day 6 Question:
Name a 2016 anime series which was based off of the concept of moe anthropomorphism.
Day 7 Question:
It's not uncommon for anime series to stream on Crunchyroll a day, week, or even month after they aired on Japanese TV. But not every series is one of these standard delays. Which series 2016 had its episodes streaming 19 days after they aired in Japan?
Day 8 Question:
What is wrong with the romanization of the title "Yuri on Ice"?
Day 9 Question:
Including only those characters in the core group, how many girls are in Serinuma's harem?
Day 10 Question:
Which Japanese fairy tale does Subaru tell to one of the two maid sisters, and which of the maid sisters did he tell it to?
Day 11 Question:
"The 2016 Beserk anime is a direct continuation of the 1997-98 Beserk TV anime." True or False?
Day 12 Question:
What was the first new anime to stream on Crunchyroll in 2016, and what will be the last anime to stream a new episode on Crunchyroll in 2016?
Terms and Conditions:
1. Competition is open to all AnimeShinbun users, except for employees of HAVAmedia and immediate relatives. Contests are open to entries worldwide, and are not limited to the US / North America. Please Note: Moderators do not receive remuneration, are not employees of HAVAmedia, and are eligible for monthly contests.
2. The closing date is 11:59 PM American Pacific Standard Time, 31 December 2016.
3. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, AnimeShinbun/HAVAmedia reserves the right to substitute the prizes for alternatives of equal or greater value.
4. Prizes are not transferable.
5. Barring unforeseen delays, the winners of the competition will be notified by AnimeShinbun ticket in the 2nd week of January, 2016.
6. For winners who have not previously won a contest, failure to reply to ticket notification within seven (7) days will result in forfeiture of prize. Winners whose details are on file from a previous contest win need only reply to the ticket notification if their details have changed, otherwise their prize will be sent to the address we already have on file.
8. Lottery style winners are chosen at random from eligible entries. Spam or multiple accounts will result in disqualification.
9. All prize values are in USD. Where prizes are awarded to winners outside the US, the exchange rate at time of prize issue will affect prize amount.
10. In the interests of fairness, each entrant will only be eligible to win one prize per month. If an entrant comes up for multiple prizes, they will be awarded the highest value one and the remaining prizes will be redrawn. When the user is eligible for multiple prizes of the same value, they will be credited as winning the contest for which there was the least competition and/or the most skill involved, and the remaining contests will be redrawn. (For example, in the regular AnimeShinbun monthly contests, typically the community involvement lottery has less competition the contributor contest, so if a user was drawn for both they would be awarded the community involvement lottery and the contributor contest would be redrawn).
11. Also in the interests of fairness (and to encourage users to participate in all aspects of the site), entrants will not be eligible to win the same contest in back-to-back months. i.e. If you win the Contributor Contest in January, you can't win the Contributor Contest again in February. You *could* however win the Community Involvement Lottery in February.
12. To be eligible for a prize in a Holiday Season contest, a user should contribute in some way to AnimeShinbun (i.e. submitting at least one story, reporting issues with the news submissions of others, or commenting on stories) over the course of the month.