We are now accepting nominations for the AnimeShinbun Awards for 2015.
Everyone who submits nominations for the awards will be put into a raffle for one of four $50 US Amazon Gift Cards. Nominations should be posted here in reply to this blog post, NOT PMed. You may nominate things already nominated by others, however we would encourage you to nominate things we may not have already considered. You must submit a nomination for every category to be in the draw to receive the gift card, however there is no limit to the number of nominations you can make per category.
AnimeShinbun staff will select short-list candidates from amongst the public nominees and from our own personal nominations. The short lists will then be posted on March 1st for you to vote on the award winners, with votes open until March 15th.
The categories are...
Best New Anime:
All nominees must have been released in Japan during 2015. Nominees may be television series, OVA's, or movies.
Best New Manga or Light Novel:
All nominees must have started serialization in Japan during 2015.
All nominees should be from releases in Japan during 2015. Nominees may be from either anime or live action television series, OVA's, or movies. Character songs and image tracks, including songs which never actually played in the associated series, are also acceptable.
Best Voice Talent:
All nominees should be either from releases in Japan during 2015 (for Japanese voice talent), or international releases during 2015 (for talent of international dubbed releases). For nominations in this category, please list the character and series you are specifically nominating the talent for.
On a personal note, thank you all for your continuing patience as I sort out things IRL after my house got flooded. I still don't have reliable internet, though I expect I'll be set up again there within the next couple of weeks.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Competition is open to all AnimeShinbun users, except for employees of HAVAmedia and immediate relatives. Contests are open to entries worldwide, and are not limited to the US / North America. Please Note: Moderators do not receive remuneration, are not employees of HAVAmedia, and are eligible for N4G monthly contests.
2. The closing date is 11:59 PM American Pacific Standard Time, 29 February 2016.
3. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, AnimeShinbun/HAVAmedia reserves the right to substitute the prizes for alternatives of equal or greater value.
4. Prizes are not transferable.
5. Barring unforeseen delays, the winners of the competition will be notified by AnimeShinbun ticket on or around March 7, 2016.
6. For winners who have not previously won a contest, failure to reply to ticket notification within seven (7) days will result in forfeiture of prize. Winners whose details are on file from a previous contest win need only reply to the ticket notification if their details have changed, otherwise their prize will be sent to the address we already have on file.
8. Lottery style winners are chosen at random from eligible entries. Spam or multiple accounts will result in disqualification.
9. All prizes are in USD, where prizes are awarded to winners outside the USD the exchange rate at time of prize issue will affect prize amount.
10. In the interests of fairness, each entrant will only be eligible to win one prize per month. If an entrant comes up for multiple prizes, they will be awarded the highest value one and the remaining prizes will be redrawn. When the user is eligible for multiple prizes of the same value, they will be credited as winning the contest for which there was the least competition and/or the most skill involved, and the remaining contests will be redrawn. (For example, in the regular AnimeShinbun monthly contests, typically the commentator lottery has less competition the contributor contest, so if a user was drawn for both we'd award them the commentator lottery and redraw the contributor contest).
Holiday Contest Winners:
Creative: Marow (Co-winner), sonicwrecks (Co-Winner)
Trivia: [Marow (Winner, prize re-drawn due to win in creative)], Alixithymia (1st Runner-up), Stringerbell (2nd Runner-up)
Clearly I need to tone it down on the trivia questions for 2016, that one really stumped our entrants. ^^;;